The Knoll is an Ornamental Ground of four and a half hectares with lakes and specimen forest trees.
There are two entrances, one in Pickhurst Lane and one in Ridgeway. Both the Knoll and Husseywell were originally part of the estate of a large house in Hayes Place. It is probable that this area was established as parkland around 1755. When the Hayes Place Estate began to be developed for housing in the 1930's, Local Councillor Percy Jones argued for some of the land to be kept as Public Open Space.