Yet to book your summer holiday? In this newsletter we’ve asked Claire Lees who runs kids travel deals to pick 10 inexpensive summer holiday ideas. These recommendations offer the perfect mix of summer fun, activities and a great place to relax at the end end of the day.
- 1. Back to nature camping, East Sussex – from £20 per adult & £5 per child over 3
With Embers experience back to nature camping with two stunning locations – one in the New Forest and one in East Sussex – two tent only sites. Each pitch comes with its own fire pit to enjoy an open fire whether to cook, toast marshmallows or to sit around.
- 2. ‘Higgledy piggeldy cottage on wheels’, East Sussex – £460 for 4 nights
Meadow Keeper’s cottage is ‘a higgledy piggeldy cottage on wheels’ set in the East Sussex countryside. The cottage is a roomy four person space done out with a double bed, two singles that double up as benches, a fold-away dining table between them, an indoor cooking area with sink, a small wardrobe and, for chilly evenings, a log burner.
- 3. Beautiful 18th century self-catering cottage, Forest of Dean – £580 for a 3 night break
Old Tump House is a beautiful 18th century self-catering cottage overlooking the Forest of Dean with some availability during the school summer holidays.
- 4. Sleep in a boat by the sea, Cardigan Bay – £670 for one week
Cardigan Bay on the west coast of Wales offers plenty of opportunities for exploring beaches, secret coves and wildlife spotting. Located close to the shores of Cardigan Bay you can stay in ‘Sonia’ a 1950′s pleasure launch set on land with sea views.
- 5. Real Family Holidays – Escape to the Outdoors – From £16.50 a night
Fun and outdoor holidays tailored for families within the UK. Whether you fancy wildlife watching in Snowdonia or learning to surf in Devon there are a whole host of activity options available that will cater for all tastes. Run by the Field Studies Council (FSC) who are a registered charity.
- 6. 5 * camping on the Noirmoutier island, France – 849 euros for 7 nights
Noirmoutier is a pretty island off the Atlantic coast of France. With 25 miles of sandy beaches, 80 kms of cycling and 64 kms of footpaths there are endless exploration opportunities.
- 7. Mini family adventure break, Snowdonia – from £99 per person
Valkyrie Pursuits has designed a unique Snowdonia mini adventure break where as a family you will scale rock walls, descend gorges, stand tall upon mountains and canoe across magical lakes.
- 8. Family adventures in classic VW Camper, New Forest – from £468 for a short break
Rent a classic Volkswagen Camper and hit the road on a family adventure in the New Forest and beyond. Choose between Forest, Berry, Mallard, Ocean, Dune and Roan ? all beauties! The cost is all-inclusive.
- 9. Coastal adventure holiday, Portugal – from £795 pp
This holiday is based on the beautiful, unspoilt Alentejo coastline of Portugal where you can spend the week canoeing and orienteering, surfing, rafting in a lagoon, canoeing and cycling, zip wiring and abseiling.
- 10. Treyn Rail Holidays
Let the train take the strain – Treyn offer affordable rail tour holidays in the UK and Europe from the Highlands of Scotland to the exotic sights of the Mediterranean. Great way to sight see without the hassle of driving.